CERTIFICATE IN DESIGN
MQA (PA8373) | KPT (N/214/3/0179)
Awarded by Raffles College of Higher Education, Kuala Lumpur
Intakes: January / May / September
Duration: 1 Year 4 Months (Full Time)
SPM / O-Levels / UEC: 1 Credit; or
International High School Equivalent;
A pass in SPM / O-Level English
IGCSE / GCE O-Levels: 1 Credit; or
International High School Equivalent
The Certificate in Design is specially crafted for students or any individual who wish to participate in the fast paced world of the creative industry.
The Course aims to provide:
- A broad-based experience of basic practical and conceptual design study where students learn to manipulate the principles and elements of design while developing technical skills with various tools and media.
- A framework for individual development in the design field, balancing self-expression and creative exploration with pragmatic work-oriented discipline.
- An understanding of design concepts and methods which will support subsequent further study.
- Theory & Practice of Design
- Computer Foundations
- English for Communication
- 2D Studies
- Introduction to Photography
- Colour Theory
- 3D Studies
- Fundamental Drawing
- English for Academic Purpose
- Advance Drawing Skills
- Personal Portfolio
- Design Exploration And Process
- Introduction to Multimedia and Web Design
- Career Studies
- U1: Pengajian Malaysia (Malaysian)
- U1: Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International)
- U2: Creativity and Problem Solving
- U3: Moral and Ethics in Malaysian Society
FURTHER STUDIES OPPORTUNITIES
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Design, students will be able to continue in the design Diploma and Advanced Diploma programmes.