CERTIFICATE IN DESIGN
MQA (PA8373) | KPT (N/214/3/0179)
Awarded by Raffles College of Higher Education, Kuala Lumpur
Intakes: January / May / September
Duration: 1 Year 4 Months (Full Time)
SPM / O-Levels / UEC: 1 Credit; or
International High School Equivalent;
A pass in SPM / O-Level English
IGCSE / GCE O-Levels: 1 Credit; or
International High School Equivalent
The Certificate in Design is specially crafted for students or any individual who wish to participate in the fast paced world of the creative industry.
The Course aims to provide:
- A broad-based experience of basic practical and conceptual design study where students learn to manipulate the principles and elements of design while developing technical skills with various tools and media.
- A framework for individual development in the design field, balancing self-expression and creative exploration with pragmatic work-oriented discipline.
- An understanding of design concepts and methods which will support subsequent further study.
- Fundamental Drawing
- Computer Application
- English for Communication
- Colour Theory
- Advance Drawing Skills
- Academic Reading and Writing
- 2D Studies
- Introduction to Management
- Fundamental of Typography
- Fabric Colour Manipulation
- Personal Portfolio
- Print Making
- Career Studies
- Introduction to Multimedia and Web Design
- U1: Pengajian Malaysia (Malaysian)
- U1: Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International)
- U2: Entrepreneurship
- U2: Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- U3: Moral and Ethics in Malaysia
FURTHER STUDIES OPPORTUNITIES
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Design, students will be able to continue in the design Diploma and Advanced Diploma programmes.