BA (HONS) DIGITAL MEDIA
- 2 STPM / 2 ‘A’ Levels Passes with a minimum CGPA 2.00 (Grade C); or
- Senior Middle 3 (UEC) with a minimum grade B in 5 subjects (including English); or
- Matriculation Program / Foundation in Design / Foundation in Art & Design with minimum CGPA 2.00; or
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with average scores of 55%; or
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) or equivalent to Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) of 60%;
- Other equivalent qualifications that recognized by Malaysia Government; and
- Diploma in Art and Design or any other equivalent and relevant Diploma recognized by Malaysia Government with minimum CGPA 2.00.
Pass Portfolio Review or Art Test conducted by the College for the candidate who does not have a pass in Art Subject.
IELTS 6.0; or
Credit in SPM English 1119; or
Credit in O-Level English / IGCSE
ADVANCED STANDING ENTRY
Under Malaysia Qualification Framework (MQF), students who have completed a Level 4 Diploma will receive an advanced standing credit transfer of up to 30% to the degree.
The BA (Hons) Digital Media prepare students for professional careers in the digital media sector within the media, design and communications industries. It takes a transmedia or cross-media approach: enabling students to become familiar with a range of critical and creative media tools and technologies to inform their practice and understanding.
The course will enable students to understand the scope and impact of digital technologies and practices in the context of various digital media industries from both an international and Asian perspective. It will develop their creative thinking and experimentation capabilities to allow them to create innovative new applications of digital media practice. Students on the course will be able to apply their creative skills in a variety of digital media including visual and text-based forms of media content, digital publishing, interface and platform design, digital storytelling, web and application development, social and interactive media.
The degree blends scholarly education and professional skills training for digital media and communications professionals working in a global context. The curriculum design enables inter-disciplinary work, intercultural awareness, embedded use of technology, online learning and delivery patterns which replicate sector and industry level practice
In the first year, students will be introduced to the core principles of digital media practice. With a focus on the Internet, they will look at techniques to produce different forms of media, to apply and publish these and methods of local media distribution, such as microcomputers and beacon technology. The course considers the idea of audiences, their characteristics, needs and expectations. Student will develop the key skills – technical, creative, professional, transferrable and collaborative – needed to produce work across a range of digital media, beginning the process of distributing that work locally and internationally.
- Creative Digital Media: Context and Practice
- Digital Storytelling and Media Design
- Creative Hack Lab 1
- Key Concepts in Media and Communication
- Academic Essay Writing
The second year focuses on the students’ creative and professional development, introducing them to the demands of operating within the professional sphere of digital media through a series of live and simulated projects and assignments.
- Digital Marketing and Campaigning
- Creative Hack Lab 2
- Professional Experience
- Creative and Critical Digital Practice
- Transmedia Practice
- Global Sustainability and Innovation
By the final year, students will have a sound understanding of all forms of professional media production and interactivity, as diverse as ID tags and apps to social networking and sensor technology. Students will have the opportunity to enhance their research and innovation skills by working on their own Major Digital Project on a topic of their choosing.
- Analysing Media and Communication
- Research and Development in Digital Media
- Professional Practice Portfolio: Media Production
- Final Digital Media Research Project
- How to set up a Freelance Business
- Visual Communication 3
- U1: Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- U1: Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3
- U2: Critical Thinking
- U3: Malaysian Constitution
- U4: Community Service
ABOUT COVENTRY UNIVERSITY
Founded by entrepreneurs and industrialists as the Coventry School of Design in 1843, and in 2018 celebrated 175 years, Coventry University is a dynamic and outward-looking institution with a tradition of teaching excellence, impactful research, and bold international partnerships. Coventry ranks 15th in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2020. It also earned the title ‘The University of the Year for Student Experience’ in the 2019 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide; the guide describes it as “one of the most innovative modern universities, bold with its vision of what the 21st-century student experience should be”.
Ranked No.15 UK University
Guardian University Guide 2020
Top 15 UK university 5 years running
Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
5QS Stars Rated for Excellence
QS Stars University Ratings 2020
Highest ranking modern University in England 2012-2019
Guardian University Guide
Gold for outstanding teaching and learning
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017
The accolades and statistics above relate to Coventry University courses and the campus in the UK
This course places the students’ future employability at its core, so they should be well placed to go into a number of industries that require multi-skilled digital media professionals on graduation. Throughout their studies, they develop their own Professional Practice Portfolio which they could use when seeking employment opportunities.
The course produces graduates who are flexible and responsive and, more importantly, industry ready. Graduates are employed in a range of professional environments and companies as:
- Digital Artists and Designers
- Digital Project Managers
- Creative Technologists
- Web Developers
- Content and Platform Developers
- Digital Researchers
- Learning Technologists
- Digital Marketing and Business Professionals, as well as more traditional areas within the creative media industries.
We produce graduates who are well respected and successful in their creative careers. All our students leave as young professionals, ready for industry and the workforce. You can expect a vibrant and dynamic nurturing learning experience that will see your transformation into a world-class professional.
See more at http://raffles.edu.my/raffles-alumni/