BA (HONS) FASHION
- 2 STPM / 2 ‘A’ Levels Passes with a minimum CGPA 2.00 (Grade C); or
- Senior Middle 3 (UEC) with a minimum grade B in 5 subjects (including English); or
- Matriculation Program / Foundation in Design / Foundation in Art & Design with minimum CGPA 2.00; or
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with average scores of 55%; or
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) or equivalent to Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) of 60%;
- Other equivalent qualifications that recognized by Malaysia Government; and
- Diploma in Art and Design or any other equivalent and relevant Diploma recognized by Malaysia Government with minimum CGPA 2.00.
Pass Portfolio Review or Art Test conducted by the College for the candidate who does not have a pass in Art Subject.
IELTS 6.0; or
Credit in SPM English 1119; or
Credit in O-Level English / IGCSE
ADVANCED STANDING ENTRY
Under Malaysia Qualification Framework (MQF), students who have completed a Level 4 Diploma will receive an advanced standing credit transfer of up to 30% to the degree.
If your dream is to be featured in world-leading publications, have renowned models strut down the runway wearing your creations and see yourself as a leading future fashion creator, then this course is tailored just for you. As one of the world’s highest grossing industries, fashion leads the pack by employing 57 million people, generating $3 trillion in annual sales revenue and comprising of 2% of the entire world’s GDP. The fashion industry is truly one of the most thrilling and rewarding industries to be a part of.
Our course is designed as an incubator to discover potential, nurture talent and mold the fashion shakers and movers of the future. Ranked within the top 10 design programmes in the United Kingdom, our course delivered in partnership with Coventry University is the platform to realize your dreams and embark on your fashion journey.
The BA (Hons) Fashion is an unprecedented hands-on course, which explores a numerous amount of industry practices and develops invaluable skills such as critical reflection and career development. Furthermore, it ignites an integral sense of entrepreneurship, teaching students how to build their brands by creating an expansive and competitive product offering.
Current, fast-paced and industry-focused, our course is the ideal platform to becoming a pioneering fashion designer with a truly unique sense of aesthetic identity.
The first year provides a broad-based programme of study, covering a wide range of subjects, practical and theoretical, necessary for a comprehensive understanding of the fashion industry. This includes: fashion forecasting, design, pattern cutting, traditional manufacturing, high tech production methods, illustration, styling, photography, marketing and CAD (computer aided design). Using both traditional and leading-edge technology, you will work on projects to produce fashion products, including garments, accessories and packaging.
- Fashion Design and Technology
- Fashion Culture and Creativity
- Digital Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Design and Innovation
- Into Fashion: Personal Development Planning
- Academic Essay Writing
During your second year, subjects covered include PR, styling, brand management, CAD, creative marketing, entrepreneurship, team working, promotional, consumer and designer trends, sustainability, eco design, product design, development and production, digital printing, critical reflection and analysis, new media marketing and communications.
The practical focus of the course continues with a variety of real-life projects – you will design products and prints, produce website content for fashion companies, undertake photo-shoots and manufacture products for sale. Bringing all your learning together, you will produce a catwalk collection, styling and accessories – with students exhibiting ‘live’ at the event.
- Fashion Enterprise and Experience
- International Fashion Project
- Marketing Digital Futures
- Future Fashion: Personal Development Planning
- Global Sustainability and Innovation
You have the opportunity to undertake a final major project, which has seen past students travel to international destinations to undertake research which has then inspired their catwalk collections, and final exhibitions.
You will be expected to develop your own programme of research and study visits to support your learning, culminating in a showcase of your individual talents in a professional arena, such as the Coventry Degree Show.
- Future Fashion Concepts
- Future Proof Fashion: Personal Development Planning
- How to set up Free-lance Business
- Fashion Design Directions
- U1: Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- U1: Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3
- U2: Critical Thinking
- U3: Malaysian Constitution
- U4: Community Service
ABOUT COVENTRY UNIVERSITY
1st for Overseas Student Experiences
based on student trips abroad
– HESA 2015/16 UK, published 2017
2nd for Teaching Excellence
Times Higher Education UK (TEF)
metrics ranking 2017 – Gold winner
5th UK Student City
QS Best Student Cities Index 2018
13th in Guardian University Guide 2019
of 121 UK institutions ranked
The traditional Fashion graduate, proficient in the skills of pattern cutting and manufacturing etc., needs to become a flexible, creative and global practitioner, with capabilities focused on skills acquisition and evaluation. With the advent of social media, the business of marketing and PR has changed and Fashion graduates now need yet another set of skills and the course needs to reflect these changes in the Fashion industry. Fashion blogging is now an established profession, the use of social media to promote brands and events, the expansion of e-tailing and successful bricks and mortar retailers all now have an online presence, all this is opening different opportunities for graduate employment.
Graduates from this course are employed in a range of professional environments and companies as:
- Fashion Designer
- Pattern Maker
- Fashion Illustrator
- Fashion Stylist
- Design Room Coordinator
- Product Developer
- Production Manager
- Textile Designer
- Fashion Buyer
We produce graduates who are well respected and successful in their creative careers. All our students leave as young professionals, ready for industry and the workforce. You can expect a vibrant and dynamic nurturing learning experience that will see your transformation into a world-class professional.
See more at http://raffles.edu.my/raffles-alumni/