BA (HONS) INTERNATIONAL FASHION BUSINESS
- 2 STPM / 2 ‘A’ Levels Passes with a minimum CGPA 2.00 (Grade C); or
- Senior Middle 3 (UEC) with a minimum grade B in 5 subjects (including English); or
- Matriculation Program / Foundation in Design / Foundation in Art & Design with minimum CGPA 2.00; or
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with average scores of 55%; or
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) or equivalent to Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) of 60%;
- Other equivalent qualifications that recognized by Malaysia Government; and
- Diploma in Art and Design or any other equivalent and relevant Diploma recognized by Malaysia Government with minimum CGPA 2.00.
Pass Portfolio Review or Art Test conducted by the College for the candidate who does not have a pass in Art Subject.
IELTS 6.0; or
Credit in SPM English 1119; or
Credit in O-Level English / IGCSE
ADVANCED STANDING ENTRY
Under Malaysia Qualification Framework (MQF), students who have completed a Level 4 Diploma will receive an advanced standing credit transfer of up to 30% to the degree.
The fashion industry is more diverse than ever before with an array of career paths ranging from strategic to creative, financial and even entrepreneurial.
By gaining insight on all facets of the fashion business, from trend prediction and analysis to retailing and marketing, our graduates can become among the future pioneers shaping the fashion world and catering to the evolving needs of the global fashion consumer.
The collaborative partnerships our students will have access to throughout their course will give them an unprecedented advantage as they will have had exposure in working closely with students from our Fashion Design course.
The BA (Hons) International Fashion Business acts as a catalyst to unleash the future fashion professionals into the industry by equipping them with an innovative skill set to launch their careers dynamically.
In Year 1 students will be introduced to the global fashion industry and work alongside Fashion design students to gain an understanding of how designers work. Students will learn about old and new technology in the workplace and have the chance to develop a familiarity with common terminology in the fashion world.
Students will be introduced to fashion marketing and will have access to Worth Global Style Network (WGSN) the global trend authority for fashion and the creative industries. Students can also learn how to develop products for the global consumer. Students can gain an insight into how to Future Proof fashion business by looking at the environments in which they operate and how this influences decisions organisations to develop their understanding of market levels to enable them to solve problems.
- Introduction to the Global Fashion Industry
- Introduction to Fashion Marketing
- Future Proofing for Fashion Business
- Product Development for the Global Consumer
- Into Fashion: Personal Development Planning
- Academic Essay Writing
In Year 2 students will have the chance to develop their entrepreneurial skills and look at how the very latest innovations can be taken out of laboratories in to the hands of consumers. Students will be introduced to the global buying cycle, sourcing routes and production management, and the relationship of ethics and sustainability to this, all essential skills for future Fashion business managers. Students will undertake ‘live projects’ involving networking, digital campaign launches and online marketing strategies.
- International Fashion Enterprise
- Future Fashion: Personal Development Planning
- Global Sustainability and Innovation
- Global Campaign Communication Strategies
- Global Sourcing and Production Management
In Year 3 students will be encouraged to develop a personal brand that communicates their style, ethics, skills, potential and personality to take them beyond Graduation in to the global Fashion industry. Students will work on ‘live projects’ and competitions and will be able to develop personal projects such as a business launch, fashion event or public relations campaign which will enable them to analyse the effectiveness of their leadership, communication and team working skills in preparation for Graduation.
Throughout the course students will reflect on their skills and experience to learn how to prepare for Graduation to successfully achieve their future ambitions.
- Future Fashion Innovators
- Future Proof: Personal Development Planning
- Marketing Futures
- Future Fashion Project
- U1: Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- U1: Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3
- U2: Critical Thinking
- U3: Malaysian Constitution
- U4: Community Service
ABOUT COVENTRY UNIVERSITY
University of the Year for Student Experience
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
1st for Overseas Student Experiences
based on student trips abroad
– HESA 2015/16 UK, published 2017
2nd for Teaching Excellence
Times Higher Education UK (TEF)
metrics ranking 2017 – Gold winner
15th in Guardian University Guide 2020
of 121 UK institutions ranked
The course aims to build and develop further relationships with the industry globally to enhance learning and teaching though innovative projects and internships. Students will engage with digital technologies from the outset and will have the opportunity to build their skills throughout the course.
As the course title indicates this course will be truly international, offering students’ opportunities for global experience though International Study Visits, admission to International Trade Fairs, Study Abroad and International Placement opportunities.
Students will be able to tap into the broad range of available career options (including buying, merchandising, and marketing, branding, and launching their own businesses and will be encouraged to exhibit their own, diverse interests in the work they produce.
You’ll learn and refine skills in this course that you’ll be able to apply to marketing, merchandising, publishing, PR and creative direction. In short, you’ll be the one identifying and creating the demand for products created by fashion designers.
Areas of employment include:
- Fashion Entrepreneur
- Design Director
- Fashion Consultant
- Fashion Forecaster
- Fashion Merchandiser/Buyer
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Illustrator
- Fashion Photographer
We produce graduates who are well respected and successful in their creative careers. All our students leave as young professionals, ready for industry and the workforce. You can expect a vibrant and dynamic nurturing learning experience that will see your transformation into a world-class professional.
See more at http://raffles.edu.my/raffles-alumni/