DIPLOMA IN FASHION BUSINESS
MQA/FA9545 | KPT/N/340/4/0750 (02/2023)
Awarded by Raffles College of Higher Education, Kuala Lumpur
Intakes: January / May / September
Duration: 2 years 4 months, Full-time
RM 35,000 (Malaysian)
RM 47,000 (International)
SPM / IGCSE / GCE O-Levels: 3 Credits; or
Senior Middle 3 (UEC): Grades BBB; or
International High School Equivalent
IGCSE / GCE O-Levels: 3 Credits; or
International High School Equivalent
The Diploma in Fashion Business is specifically tailored to today’s fashion industry, equipping students with relevant business skills and creative elements to succeed in the fast moving fashion industry.
The program allows students to explore their potential in the fashion industry and experience how the industry works, investigating areas such as fashion buying, brand marketing and promotion, lifestyle and trend prediction. At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- Acquire and apply knowledge of fashion business to fashion industry.
- Demonstrate comprehensive technical expertise in fashion business.
- Identify, formulate and provide creative, innovative and effective solution to fashion business problems.
- Communicate effectively both in written and spoken form with peers, other professionals and community.
- Function individually or in teams, effectively, with a capability to be a leader.
- Understand and commit professionally, ethically and with humane responsibility, in line with the fashion industry code of conduct.
- Recognize the need for and to engage in life-long learning and professional development.
- Self-motivate and enhance entrepreneurship skills for career development.
- Realize and demonstrate effective leadership responsibility.
- Colour Theory for Fashion
- Fashion Merchandising
- Introduction to Marketing
- Academic Reading and Writing
- Contemporary Fashion, Styles and Trends
- Management Essential
- Market Research
- Introduction to Retail Management
- Introduction to Brand Management
- Financial Accounting
- Garment and Composition
- Computer Aided Design
- Business Communication
- Digital Strategies
- Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- Principals of Economic
- Human Resource Management
- Retail Buying
- Fashion Promotion
- Consumer Behaviour
- Retail and Merchandising
- Fashion Business Project
- U1: Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International)
- U1: Philosophy and Current Issues
- U2: Bahasa Kebangsaan A (Malaysian without Credit in Bahasa Melayu)
- U2: Entrepreneurship
- U3: Moral Issues in Malaysian Society
- U4: Co-curricular
We produce graduates who are well respected and successful in their creative careers. All our students leave as young professionals, ready for industry and the workforce. You can expect a vibrant and dynamic nurturing learning experience that will see your transformation into a world-class professional.
A diploma in fashion business can fetch a variety of career opportunities. They can be employed both in the retail and manufacturing sectors of the fashion and textile industry. One can work as a fashion brand manager, marketer, buyer, merchandising manager, product manager, business development manager and retail manager.
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Marketer
- Fashion Buyer
- Retail Manager
- Brand Manager
- Digital Marketer
- Event Manager
FURTHER STUDY PATHWAY
Students who are enrolled in Raffles benefit from a quality education with a well-rounded hands-on experience relevant to the industry. This enables them to improve their career opportunities.
Studying in a multi-national environment enables our students to expand their personal network, be exposed to international perspectives, and greatly enhance career opportunities beyond their home country.
BA (Hons) International Fashion Business (Top-Up) – Awarded by Coventry University, United Kingdom.
The BA (Hons) International Fashion Business course is designed to offer an opportunity to study international fashion business in a creative environment to students with a range of ambitions and interests in fashion who do not, however, aspire to be fashion designers. Students will reflect on global and regional trends in their work and will develop a style that reflects the Asian market, but also allows true global employability.
Course Duration: 1 Year 3 Months
Fashion Coordination and Promotion
Future Fashion Innovators
Final Major Project
FutureProof: Personal Development Planning
Elective (Choose 1)
Global Experience in Art and Design
How to Set Up a Freelance Business