DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES
MQA/FA8128 | KPT/N/340/4/0717 (12/2021)
Awarded by Raffles College of Higher Education, Kuala Lumpur
Intakes: January / May / September
Duration: 2 years 4 months, Full-time
RM 32,500 (Malaysian)
RM 44,000 (International)
SPM / IGCSE / GCE O-Levels: 3 Credits; or
Senior Middle 3 (UEC): Grades BBB; or
International High School Equivalent
IGCSE / GCE O-Levels: 3 Credits; or
International High School Equivalent
The Diploma in Business Studies provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate business working knowledge, creativity, and innovation in business. It is designed to prepare students to be job-ready or/and further study.
On completion of the programme, students are equipped with abilities and skills as follows:
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and apply the linkage of business to various disciplines including accounting, economics, finance, and marketing and information technology.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of social, economic, and ethical issues in the business context.
- Apply an effective approach to business presentations and in communicating clearly both visually and verbally.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using analytical reasoning and creative thinking in identifying problems and issues related to businesses and how to solve them best.
- Plan and manage information to demonstrate their value to their potential employers, highlight their work readiness and eligibility for admission to an organization or further study.
- Introduction to Business Studies
- Fundamental of Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Statistics
- Academic Reading and Writing
- Operations Management
- Introduction to Business Law
- Consumer Behaviour
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Business Mathematics
- Professional Writing and Communication
- Business Communication
- Business Information Technology
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- Small Business Management
- Financial Accounting Techniques
- Business Creativity and Innovation
- Business Portfolio
- Digital Marketing
- U1: Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International)
- U1: Philosophy and Current Issues
- U2: Bahasa Kebangsaan A (Malaysian without Credit in Bahasa Melayu)
- U2: Entrepreneurship
- U3: Moral Issues in Malaysian Society
- U4: Co-curricular
Graduates of the Diploma in Business Studies can expect to find an entry-level positions as:
- Human Resource Executive
- Management Consultant
- Accounting Executive
- Marketing Executive
- Sales Executive
- Digital Marketer
FURTHER STUDY PATHWAYS
Students who are enrolled in Raffles benefit from a quality education with a well-rounded hands-on experience relevant to the industry. This enables them to improve their career opportunities.
Studying in a multi-national environment enables our students to expand their personal network, be exposed to international perspectives, and greatly enhance career opportunities beyond their home country.
Upon completion of the Diploma in Business Studies student will receive an advanced standing entry to Raffles University Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons)
ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY, ABERDEEN, SCOTLAND
Advanced standing entry to Year 3 of the following 4-year degree:
- BA (Hons) Events Management
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) International Tourism Management
- BA (Hons) Media
- BA (Hons) Management
- BA (Hons) Management with Marketing
- BA (Hons) International Business Management)
- BA (Hons) Management with HRM
- BA (Hons) Digital Marketing (from Sep 2021)
For more information: https://www.rgu.ac.uk/
We produce graduates who are well respected and successful in their creative careers. All our students leave as young professionals, ready for industry and the workforce. You can expect a vibrant and dynamic nurturing learning experience that will see your transformation into a world-class professional.